One of the most popular items on any holiday buffet table is the hot spinach artichoke dip. Creamy and dripping with cheese, this tasty treat is also loaded with fat and calories. Try this lightened-up version, I guarantee your guests will never know the difference!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Things for dipping: pita chips, tortilla chips, Melba toast, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, yogurt, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and next 6 ingredients (through spinach) in a large bowl; stir until well blended. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with chips.