Super Bowl Party Time!
Planning a Superbowl party? Here in Baltimore, it will be a big celebration. Try some of these healthier (and some Ravens themed!) foods at your party this year. Go Ravens!
- Try Lightened Up Spinach Artichoke Dip with whole wheat pita or cut up veggies. For a Baltimore twist, add 1-2 tsp Old Bay seasoning.
- Try this Purple Fruit Dip:
Ravens Purple Fruit Dip
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- Grated zest from one lime
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen blueberries
Mix together all ingredients and serve as a dip for fresh fruit.
- Serve mini fish tacos with purple cabbage instead of more fat and calorie laden options such as wings or pigs in a blanket.
- Serve nuts, such as almonds, walnuts and pistachios roasted with Old Bay instead of party mix.
- When served with tomato salsa, purple corn chips are a much healthier option than when served with queso dip.
- Instead of ordering delivery, try making pizzas on whole wheat flatbread and topping with roasted veggies. Purple eggplant works well!
Enjoy these healthy Super Bowl recipes!